Thursday, December 13, 2007

Gifts from my brother in law

Lately, Dan (my BIL) likes to toss presents to me over the cubicle wall that separates our desks. We're up to gift number two now...

They're post it notes wrapped up to look like a piece of candy, containing a live housefly.

I opened the first one, which was delivered yesterday, while I was on the phone with a client. I'm proud to say that I only gasped, as opposed to screaming like a little girl.

Today, I got the "present" pictured at the left - being a little older and wiser than I was yesterday, I took the "present" to my boss and told him that Dan had asked me to give it to him.

Thankfully for Dan, our boss found it just as startling and amusing as I did when the live housefly emerged.

5 comments:

sorensenpower said...

I do what I can!!!!!

Becca Jo said...

Man that really is some genius thinking and quick reflexes to pull this gag off!

Georganne said...

Okay first, when I saw the picture I thought it was drugs and I was wondering how you had come across that. And it's a good thing your BIL likes you and doesn't mind that you give his presents to you away.

Scar Belly said...

My Bro in Law is one of the coolest dudes I know - I had this one coming since I started the "war" by tossing handfuls of staples over the wall...

Chelle Blögger said...

Well he could be like my brother used to be when we were little and flick boogers at you instead.

Wait, my brother is still like that! :o

Chelle B.