BOLC II is a LOT better than any other course I've done with the Army, with the possible exception of CTLT at Fort Hood:
- I'm getting my first training in the "real Army", not cadet land.
- I get off every day at 5:00 PM
- I am getting paid as a 2nd Lieutenant, instead of the cadet rate of $25 per day
- I have people calling ME Sir for a change
- ACUs are much more comfortable than BDUs
- I have my xbox 360 and a TV in my room
- I have my laptop and an internet connection (so I can blog among other things)
- I have a car and the freedom to drive off post if I desire
- I miss my cute wife and son
- Georgia is amazingly hot and humid in the summer
- I had another "Army birthday" - the day after we checked in (thanks to the people who emailed/texted/replied to Becca's blog post with happy birthday wishes to me - it meant a lot to me!)
I don't really have any pictures to upload because I didn't bring a camera with me... I'm hoping to borrow one soon so I can post some cool pictures to give you an idea of what it's like here.
So far we haven't really done too much - we've signed a lot of forms, sat through a bunch of briefings, and took a PT test this morning (got my run back down under 14 minutes thankfully).
Anyhoo - I'll keep you all updated as we start to do the "cool stuff" - next week we'll start combatives (beating each other up).