High School Tag
Becca tagged me, so here it goes:
1. Did you date someone from your school?
A few - I even tried dating a DHS alum in college - bad idea :-0
2. What kind of car did you drive?
My mom's minivan when she'd let me borrow it.
3. What was the most embarrassing moment of high school?
I think high school was one great big embarrasing moment now that I look back on it.
4. Were you a party animal?
Not unless you count running cross country and playing computer games past midnight!
5. Were you considered a flirt?
I think so, but that is subject to opinion.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
7. Were you a nerd?
That's subject to opinion.
8. Were you on any varsity teams?
Yes - X-Country and Track.
9. Did you get suspended/ expelled?
I once got kicked off the bus for a week for holding up a sign in the rear window that said, "Help! Our bus driver is a drunk Mexican!". That was in Jr. High though, so it may not count.
10. Can you still sing the fight song?
Both my parents were Davis High Darts and they taught me the fight song from an early age - still remember it.
11. Who were your favorite teachers?
Mrs. Barker - my sophomore English teacher; she was SO NICE, and taught me a lot about cultural literacy and great literature. We read "The Princess Bride" in her class.
Mr. Dau - my AP U.S. History teacher; he taught me a LOT about leadership.
Coach Burhley - my running coach/history teacher; I can't explain this guy to you - you just have to know him.
12. Where did you sit during lunch?
With the cross country dudes in the lunchroom with the rest of the nerds.
13. What was your school's full name?
Davis High School.
14. School mascot?
The Dart or Dart Man - not really sure.
15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with?
Yes - I went once with a girl who was wearing a blue sequin dress and the next day my family found blue sequins all over the car... I had a hard time convincing them that nothing "funny" had happened.
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Maybe - I think it would be fun to go laugh and point my finger at everyone that thought they were "too cool" for me, and spend more time being friends with the people that I thought weren't "as cool" as me.
17. What do you remember most about graduation?
I remember being amazed that I actually was leaving the public education system and that I would no longer be around all these people anymore.
18. Where did you go senior skip day?
I think I had to go to class on senior skip day because I'd already skipped a lot of school...
19. Were you in a club?
20. Have you gained some weight since then?
Yeah, finally! I needed to gain some weight. I am 6'1" and I graduated at 155 lbs. Now I'm a 186 lbs steely eyed killer - I wish I could say it was all muscle though.
21. Who was your prom date?
I wasn't going to go to the prom - under protest I let my mom and sister talk me into asking a girl in my ward... We had a lot of fun and I'm glad we went together.
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?
Ha ha - I was in the middle of training at Fort Benning when I got a phone call asking if I was going to be able to attend a reunion dinner that evening! I still probably wouldn't have gone if I had the time and had been in the area.
23. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?
Don't take yourself too seriously! Don't ever think that you are above or beneath anyone else. Do your homework! Probably the most important advice would be, "Here is the phone number of this SUPER hot girl in West Jordan, her name is Becca and she's just your type so give her a call as soon as you can..." ;-)
I don't really believe in passing the tag along, so I'll probably have horrible bad luck