Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Shotgun

It's been kind of crazy for the last few weeks - I haven't had time to post all of the substantial events that have occurred recently

I think that both Becca and I have mentioned this, but Becca and my parents were kind enough to pitch in and get me a new firearm for my "anti-zombie" arsenal of freedom. It's a Remington 870 Express with an extending magazine tube and an 18" cylinder bore barrel. For those of you who AREN'T rabid gun fanatics, it suffices to say that it is black and evil looking.

Here is Eli, modeling the shotgun in true manly/Brough style:

My mother in law will be pleased to note the trigger lock is in place and the gun is not loaded for the picture ;-)

Within 48 hours, the 870 had already drawn blood down on the Boulder Mountain. It did its part to reduce the jack rabbit population, which is part of another story...

4 comments:

Mickael said...

I heard you bagged an elusive white tailed jack rabbit. Oh wait,I was there so I can vouch. Way to go.

Scar Belly said...

Oh yeah!

AND I pulled off the tail and hung it on my cubicle at work as a trophy - seriously.

I really thought your dad was teasing until I saw/shot one!

Now we need to go back and bag another one.

Unknown said...

I'm now officially jealous of that particular firearm...it is, how do you say? Bad ass?

Scar Belly said...

When are we going shooting Ben?